Turn it to the left

"Turn it to the left" is a hearing/audiology saying to turn the volume down...turn it to the left. As Greg completes his fourth and final year of the audiology program at UT-Dallas I will chronicle our challenges and tribulations of our year spent out west.

Monday, May 19, 2008

It is 106 degrees in Scottsdale Today

It is 5:30 PM in Scottsdale right now and the temperature is 106 degrees. And it is only the end of May. When I tell people that we are moving to Arizona in July their first reaction is....Arizona??? In the summer???!!!! Yes...it is going to be hot. Not hot like a sauna like it is in Houston and Corpus and I am sure Dallas will feel a bit "balmy" compared to Scottsdale. It will be more like a hot oven, but I am looking forward to it. I like the heat. Yes...I know...I complained like a 4 year old when I had to drive the Green Goblin in Houston with no air conditioner for almost a year. But after the bitter winter up in north Texas (yes, Kyla and Kaira...I KNOW), I have come to appreciate and long for the heat. Today here in Dallas the high was at least 92 and it felt amazing. This is Texas. It is supposed to be hot. And it is supposed to be even hotter in Arizona. Remind me of this when I am complaining about the heat.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger The Zajicek's said...

Oh yea! A new blog entry!! :)
106?!?! Holy cow!!!! Can you send some of that heat up to MN?? It was only upper 50s today - burr! :\

You are going to have so many fun AZ stories! Especially with that crazy heat! Eeek!

May 19, 2008 at 10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the heat too - when it is a nice DRY heat :) Steve says that Scottsdale is a different kind of heat - he says it actually hurts :{

i don't even want to hear you whine about your blustery winter... you were afraid of Mackinac Island in June, lol. Chicken! Yeah - I called you a chicken and you can't do a thing about it.

nice to see ya blogging again :)

May 21, 2008 at 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home