Turn it to the left

"Turn it to the left" is a hearing/audiology saying to turn the volume down...turn it to the left. As Greg completes his fourth and final year of the audiology program at UT-Dallas I will chronicle our challenges and tribulations of our year spent out west.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

How many boxes does it take?

Current Time in Scottsdale: 6:33 PM

Current Temperature in Scottsdale: 91 degrees

Apartment Status: fearing the worst...NOT getting approved

Packing status: read below

Job for Misty status: non existent

Okay, I am filling out this questionnaire for this moving company and they give you a list of things (like couch, desk, mattress, etc.) so you can indicate how many of those items you have so they can determine how much your estimate will be (key word here: estimate). Well the items are easy, it is the section about the number of boxes that puzzles me. I never know how many boxes it will take to pack all of this stuff. And it is an insane amount of stuff. we are two people. How in the HECK do we have so much stuff?

Here is my other issue. The kind of box in which to pack stuff into. This is a battle Greg and I have every time we move. I GET his reasoning...I REALLY do. He like to pack stuff in banker's boxes. You know...the type of boxes you put together, it has a top and a lid to it...here is a picture

Inside of Bankers Box PC without flash

Now...take out the CPU innards and you have a banker's box. You get the idea...right? I know that that they have handles, great for stacking on a dolly, easy to pick up, but we have A LOT OF STUFF. I just cannot imagine how many of these boxes it will take to pack ALL OF OUR STUFF. What am I supposed to to with a cookie sheet? It won't fit. It would take like 150 of these boxes AT THE LEAST.

So...my wonderful co-workers have been saving me some good sturdy boxes that I will use for SOME of the packing and we will get SOME banker's boxes to appease Greg.

But you know...I still have no idea how many boxes to put down on here. Any ideas?

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always underestimate how many boxes it's going to take. I'm not even sure I'll be able to fit all my stuff from Erin's apartment in my car! Why is packing such a pain??

I have no updates on apartments yet either. When's the actual move date for you guys?

June 4, 2008 at 9:20 PM  
Blogger Kaira said...

is that your computer built into a bankers box??? that's the funniest thing i've ever seen.

well, submit but i think packing in those boxes is crazy! oh well - it's better to keep the peace :)

June 4, 2008 at 10:08 PM  
Blogger Kaira said...

steve thinks you should add barstoolsports.com to your list of sites. it's his favorite. not my thing but that's his bloggie tip for you :)

June 4, 2008 at 10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

June 5, 2008 at 11:32 AM  
Blogger Misty Nelson said...

No....the box I have pictured is NOT our CPU, but if Greg sees this, he will totally love it! It was just the ONLY picture of a banker's box I could find. :P

June 5, 2008 at 12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha - that's funny. steve was sure that he had turned it into your cpu - he looked at it and figured it all out. too funny. when you are signed into your page you can view your comments - trash comments by clicking on the little trash can. hope that helps. you can remove that one from me about christina since i realized she's from our other misty :)

June 6, 2008 at 3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha - that's funny. steve was sure that he had turned it into your cpu - he looked at it and figured it all out. too funny. when you are signed into your page you can view your comments - trash comments by clicking on the little trash can. hope that helps. you can remove that one from me about christina since i realized she's from our other misty :)

June 6, 2008 at 3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home