Apartments, U-Haul Trucks & Comic Books
Current temp in Scottsdale: 102 degrees feels like 102 degrees
Current humidity: 7%
Current time in Scottsdale: 5:31 PM
Day until Greg starts at Mayo: 55
Apartment: I'm getting to that
Movers: I'm getting to that too
Job for Misty: non existent at the moment
Well it looks as though we have finally found us a place to live in Scottsdale: the Dakota at McDowell Mountain Ranch. It is about 8 miles from Mayo. Wow.
Here are a couple of pictures I found:


I will start taking your scheduled visits as soon as we get there!
We have a 1st floor apartment...dad will be so glad! And so will we! My sister has agreed to take back her couch and chair she gave us (oh how I love this couch and chair) and so we will have MUCH LESS to move. So...we are just going to rent a u-haul and do it all ourselves! We will get what we need when we get to AZ.
So that's two things off of my list. But...now that starts a whole new list. Ugh.
So this weekend I made some progress with the packing. Two boxes. :\ And a huge mess in the ENTIRE apartment. Ugh. I also finished painting the dresser. It's not pottery barn, but it will do.
Oh yeah...I got him a pack of 10 of those "banker's boxes". Once he packs those...he can get another 10. In the mean time I will be bringing boxes home from work to do MY packing.
Greg has made amazing progress and we must give him kudos for this: he has taken all of his prized comic books to be sold to a local comic book store. They will be calling him this week to give them their price. They could offer $10 and I would take it! But I am slightly hopeful that it will be just a bit more than that!
He has also located some computer games he no longer plays that he will attempt to sell at half priced books. I just love that place!
This week we will look further into seeing what else we can get rid of. It's almost kind of fun.
The job hunt...I am going to take it up a couple of notches this week and really buckle down and look. I think this is the one area I am (for the moment) the least stressed out about...but it probably should be THE area I am stressed about. Hmm...
I think that having an apartment is really going to get us both in gear in all kinds of areas. Stay tuned to see if it does.
Labels: apartment

4 Comments:
Wow! Look at those pics of the apartment! It looks like a resort!! So glad things are coming together!
So, this ranch... it's an apartment complex? Looks cool, can't wait to hear more about that.
I'm glad you got at least 2 boxes packed - good baby steps.
good for greg to :) lets talk tomorrow. so much to talk about!
hurray for an apartment :) too bad I had to find out about via your blog. tell greg he needs to learn how to communicate better 'cause you people have to be my friends when we move out there!
I wanna live there
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home