Visitor #2: bring on the flying and biting cockroaches
We came home tonight after a lovely evening at Julia's watching the Olympics. I started putting away the snack we had taken and decided to organize the mess of grocery bags I have yet to recycle that are on the floor of the pantry. So I got those all nice and neat and then went to get another bag to put in there when I find yet another SCORPION!!! This one was smaller than the first one we found and this one was brown and not a pink-ish orange-ish color. So we wanted to get a picture of it of course, but the darned thing crawled into the bag that I found it on. So Greg zipped it up and took it to the bathtub to spill it out into the tub and to try his black light out to see if you can see them clearly under a black light...and you can. So anyway...I am far away into the living room and the next thing I hear is..."um...Misty you aren't going to like this...I don't know where it went..." ???? !!!! Okay...I am not one of those "girly-girls" that freaks out over snakes, spiders or anything like that. I do HATE roaches, but growing up in Corpus, you experience the cockroach like no other place on earth. They fly and they bite. And like those, my dad used to tell me that they are more afraid of us than we are of them...we are bigger than they are...etc., etc. and I am sure many find this quite comical, but I do not. I am not so much enjoying my time out west so far, but I am trying to give it a chance and so far it isn't really scoring any points with me. So anyway...Greg assumed it went down the drain and he ran hot water for about 10 minutes. So once again he is my hero and had he not been here I would have not gone back into the kitchen for anything. Not a thing.
So here is a picture of our visitor:
(please note that this photo is NOT to scale)
Yeah...not at all amused.
Labels: az experiences

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home