“A picture is worth a thousand words.” ~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Yeah I had NO idea Napoleon said that!
Anyway, here are a few pictures we have taken since we have been here. I know...it's not a whole lot and the ones I took are terrible, but oh well...here they are.
Here is one we took of me at a rest stop along the way. Greg took one of himself back in march by the same sign:
Here is a picture of outside our apartment. Ours is actually on the 1st floor. You can see the balcony just to the left. I know...it just gives you an idea of what the building looks like.
Since we don't have really anything in our apartment, there really isn't a need to bore you with the empty parts, so here are some of the parts that aren't so empty:
Here is the wall with the built in book shelf and what we call the Barclay Table:
Here is the lovely kitchen:
Ah...the bathroom...it is pretty big and it also houses our closet (um, yeah...given the disaster I had to throw in there for these shots, you will not be seeing the closet):
And the bedroom...it is quite small. We had visions of the computer desk going into the "dining" area, but that cable outlet did not work for Internet, so we had to move it into the bedroom. Yea...now I can close the door. And if you look to the right you can see part of our blow up mattress that has been pretty nice to sleep on given that it is a blow up mattress:
And last, but not least, here is the surprise we found in our washing machine of all places:
Yeah, he didn't stay for long...Greg smooshed it and disposed of it. Haven't seen another one...knock on wood!
Here are some pictures of our apartment surroundings:
With the exception of the dog parks and a few other grassy areas, this is what the areas look like around our apartment:
Just a bush with pretty colored flowers:
Here is the front of the leasing office:
Here are a couple of snap shots we took on a little mini hiking adventure which we will not be doing again for another couple of months when it is in the 90's at 5 PM and not in the 100's:
Me and a burnt cactus:
Me with our neighbor the McDowell Mountains in the background:
Do not mess with the flowers that are sprouting from the cacti...bees live in them. I am now an expert on this bit of information:
Here is Greg with the McDowell Mountains in the back ground. And yes, I know...my picture taking sucks:
I hope you enjoyed this edition of "Turn it to the left". We will bring more to you as interesting things happen to us. This week: Greg starts his externship and Misty has interview #2!
Labels: az livin'

2 Comments:
Yea! Love all the new pics! Yall look great and i love the shots of yall in front of the mountains - what a unique place!!
misty! i love it!! You've had your first scorpion...and you survived!!! What's unique to some is home to others. Growing up there, it's hard for me to imagine the landscape any other way. I'll be in town in just a couple of weeks!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home