Turn it to the left

"Turn it to the left" is a hearing/audiology saying to turn the volume down...turn it to the left. As Greg completes his fourth and final year of the audiology program at UT-Dallas I will chronicle our challenges and tribulations of our year spent out west.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Take this job and....TAKE IT!

Current Temp. in Scottsdale: 102 degrees (feels like 102 degrees)

Current Humidity: 15% YIKES!

Current Time in Scottsdale: 6:07 PM

Days until Greg starts at the Mayo: 38 days

Apartment: The Dakota

Movers: Us and U-Haul

Job for Misty: topic of part of the discussion

So I got a call from a staffing agency in Scottsdale yesterday. They staff medical offices. They saw my resume on Monster.com and they thought I would be a perfect fit for a position they have open and if this didn't work out he said that he wouldn't have any trouble placing me. Oh how I HOPE this is true! So he asked me some questions and he will submit my resume and my answers to the company and they will make a decision. SO more waiting. But at least it is a glimmer of hope. The BEST thing ever? It is 5 minutes from the apartment!!! Yeah, this is too good to be true, isn't it?

More Packing

Yeah we STILL have packing to do. I just seem to work best under pressure. We have quite a bit packed up, but I could definitely do more. I work best under pressure even though it stresses me out. Greg just got rid of a TON of clothes, so that is a HUGE help...he has more clothes than me!!!

So as of tomorrow, I have 6 days left of work. I am trying to get stuff cleaned up for my replacement...but again...work best under pressure. I have a lunch date tomorrow, a lunch date on Friday (SUSHI) and a happy hour next Wednesday. What are the chances of me escaping tear free?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH! So happy to hear it :) I'll surely miss our daily emails though :(

June 25, 2008 at 9:09 PM  
Blogger The Zajicek's said...

See, everything is coming together! :) Totally know what you mean about working best under pressure.

June 26, 2008 at 8:37 PM  
Blogger erin said...

hi misty! i, for one, am faithful that you and greg will be more than fine on this journey west! The two of you have each other, and God! So, no need to stress, it will all come together. I hope you enjoy it out there - don't be afraid to love it. I'll be heading back for a visit in august and would love to show you guys some quintessential arizona summer stuff - specifically, floating on the river! Good luck, i can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

July 26, 2008 at 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home