I'll take heat rash over frost bite any day. ~Ken Travous
We are here!!! It is day 5 and so far, so good. I haven't cried once nor have I said "I hate it" to Greg at all. Doesn't mean I am not ready to come home. 371 days until Greg is FINISHED with graduate school!
I have just a few things to put up (which will make you laugh when you see what all we DON'T have in the apartment...don't worry..pictures to come soon) and everything will be all settled.
Tomorrow I have my first interview for a job. I have worked ever since I was 16, so this is BIZARRE to not be working.
We have done some exploring. Mostly in the car around town and stuff. This weekend we hope to do some on foot and then I will have pictures to post, I promise.
Greg and I were going nuts not having internet access, so we headed over to the library which is less than a mile from our apartment to get a library card and get to surfing. It was wonderful! And this library is amazing! I know...I know...PICTURES!!!
We drove up north (or was it south?) a bit to Carefree, AZ...(sounds LOVELY doesn't it?) and then went back through Phoenix to get back to Scottsdale where we stopped at Fashion Square Mall. I need to stop having these expectations of shopping areas. I was first very disappointed in the shopping of downtown Denver, and eve though I was not disappointed in Fashion Square, it wasn't that big of a deal either. It was like the Galleria...the Houston Galleria...NOT the Dallas Galleria which is NOTHING compared to North Park Mall. Anyway, I will certainly return to venture out onto the side street shops and stuff when I get the chance. And there were a TON of neat shops on Camelback Road in Phoenix that I will have to hit as well.
I have started running again...well...I have run twice for 30 minutes on a treadmill...not sure if that counts, but what I would like to do is build up so I can be prepared to run outside soon. There are so many trails around here...I cannot wait to hit them!!!
And the heat...yeah it is hot...but don't let it fool you. It really doesn't feel that much different than the Dallas heat. I guess it's because it is a DRY HEAT.
Labels: az move update

2 Comments:
yes, carefree is north! It's so pretty up in the area that you guys are living...then again, i'm totally bias. And you are right, fashion square isn't even in the same ballpark as northpark! But, both malls frighten me equally. A Can't wait to hear all about the rest of your adventures! (just be thankful it's not Omaha :-/)
Yea! So glad you are back on the blog!! hehe
Great job on the running! Keep it up girl!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home