Just In Case
I have completed day three of work and for some reason I am EXHAUSTED from not really doing anything. I am still undergoing training and not really doing a whole lot just yet, but I am certain that will all change very quickly.
I managed to get the noon lunch shift so I can eat with Greg and his colleagues and not look like a dork and eat by myself. They are wonderful to include me!
We (me, Greg and Julia) got to carpool today. It was so great, but I am just not sure how long that will last. I need to be there 10-15 minutes before 8 AM just to get things ready and for me to be ready to go AT 8 AM. Oh yeah, not only am I assisting a Development Officer, I am in charge of the front desk. Tomorrow I have a department meeting at 7:30 AM, so no carpooling there either. I am off at 5 PM and for the most part so is Greg and Julia, but there are times they finish up early. We will see.
I had to go and get me some shorter heels for work. I love my 3 inch heels, but since I have to wear hosiery, my feet slip because of the heel height and it KILLS my feet. So I found some shorter heels that will hopefully work with my already hemmed up pant legs. Again...we will see.
In the mean time, much has suffered: housework, exercising, tv shows, reading, emailing, blogging...all kinds of important stuff, but nothing life threatening. Yet. I am so tired when I get home you would think I was still driving 100 miles round trip. Yes, I still love to whine about that and now I can happily brag that my commute is now 15 minutes.
Oh...and in case you are wondering, Greg is doing awesome! He loves what he does and he is, of course, pretty good at it. As if you had any doubt.
Last we hope all of our family and friends are hunkering down for the strike of Hurricane Ike. It looks like Corpus might be spared a bit more than it was looking, but I am sure they will get some of the storm. Houston is probably a bit more of a target now, but we never do know what those things are going to do and when they are going to do it. And places like Dallas, Austin and San Antonio ALWAYS gets some of the bad weather associated with those storms as they head inland. I just hope everyone has all that they need and they are safe. Don't feel stupid about driving a few hours inland. Just do it EARLY. Here is someone that drove 23 hours from Houston to Dallas (and yes, it is typically a 4 hour drive) in fear of Hurricane Rita after the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. It was pure hell, but well worth it even if it was "just in case".
Labels: az livin'

2 Comments:
Sorry I suck as a friend and haven't been by lately :{ I'll call this week :) Glad you get to eat lunch with Greg - sort of like back at Ray :D
hey... approve my comment that i left you a week ago!
p.s. steve loves, loves, loves the package you sent to me... it is all he can talk about. you're his hero.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home