Just a few updates
Well...fall is finally here in the Valley of the Sun. This weekend we have enjoyed temperatures in the 70's. This is the part of the year that everyone has been talking about. So far so good.
Work is going great. I really like my job and the people I work with. This part of the year is the busy year time for the clinic since everyone heads south for the winter and they want to get all their check ups taken care of while they are here. So things are going to get crazy busy, which is always good.
Greg is doing great in his externship. Last weekend he had two of his professors/supervisors from UTD come up for a conference/site visit. We had dinner with them that Friday night so everyone could get all caught up and find out how Greg and Julia are liking their experience. Of course they are loving it! Drs. Roser and Coakley are both very proud of Greg and Julia. Oh yeah, and UTD is now the #4 AuD program in the country (formerly #5)! Go Comets!
Well I am very sad to say, that Greg and I have not really taken advantage of our time here out west. We really haven't gone anywhere or done anything all that exciting. And now that the weather is absolutely amazing we really have no excuse. We will have visitors in a couple of weeks. Some of "the girls" (Sara, LB and Susan) will be coming up for a visit and it would be great to go and do stuff with a group of people. So check back in a few weeks and I might just have some pictures for you!
We did go on a mini adventure this past week to the Lost Dog Wash Trail which is not too far from Mayo Clinic. We took our water bottles and headed out on the rocky trail. We plan to head out again once we are better prepared with sufficient hydration supplies. Here are a few pics from our mini adventure:
This is pretty cool, huh?
This weekend was Texas/ou weekend. Last year at this time we were at the State Fair meeting some friends going to the game and enjoying the Texas State Fair. So this year was a bit of a disappointment, but that quickly changed. Linsey, an Audiologist at Mayo and a Texas Ex and from the UTD AuD program one year a head of Greg told us where to go for the days festivities. So there we were at 9 AM at Lager Field's with the Phoenix Texas Ex's. It was awesome! It was great to be surrounded by so many others that were from or at least have experienced the greatness that is Texas. We might join them next weekend for the Mizzou game.
One last thing that I managed to accomplish this weekend was to make a fall wreath. I have one in storage, but my mom would be appalled since it is a store bought wreath. So I went over to Michael's and bought supplies to make my fall wreath and here is the finishing result:

Not to bad.
Labels: az update

3 Comments:
Yea! Love all the new pics! I still can't believe all the cacti! crazy! Yall look great and I love that last pic of the two of you!
Good job on the wreath! You are quite crafty!
I love your fall wreath!! I want one but mine will most definitely have to be store bought :)
i really like your wreath - good job!
i need a wreath.
i love the pics of you and greg... i want your body, mine sucks :{
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home