Turn it to the left

"Turn it to the left" is a hearing/audiology saying to turn the volume down...turn it to the left. As Greg completes his fourth and final year of the audiology program at UT-Dallas I will chronicle our challenges and tribulations of our year spent out west.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

"Dreams of mountains, as in their sleep they brood on things eternal." ~ C.A. Higgins

Today Greg and I set out for one of God's many beautiful creations, the Grand Canyon. We set out a little after 9 am and we arrived just after 12 pm. The weather was gorgeous! Blue skies, ~56 degrees ans just enough sun shine.

We started off on the Bright Angel Trail but quickly had to turn back...there was ice still on the trail. Most of it was covered by dirt from the trail and you couldn't see it, but I managed to find all some spots and after almost eating it like 5 times, Greg said let's do something else.

So we decided to just walk the rim of the canyon and see the different views of the canyon from there. And wow! People prepare you for your first visit to the canyon. They say "it's much bigger than you expect." So, I get there expecting it to be much bigger than I expected. And yeah. It is everything I pictured it to be from my first encounter of the Grand Canyon in a episode of the Brady Bunch (Kyla that was for you) and a whole lot more! It is definitely something every American needs to experience at least once in their life. Unless you were young when you first experienced it like my dad (he was 10), then you need to see it again. And this time I got a "maybe I will" from him!!!

We left at around 4 pm and got home just after 7 pm and boy are we beat! I am going to have to turn the elliptical machine up a few notches on the resistance level to keep up with today's workout.

Greg and I definitely want to return and hike that Bright Angel Trail without the ice. But at least we can now say we have seen and been to the Grand Canyon!







Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger The Zajicek's said...

OMG - how beautiful!!! I'm so glad yall finally got to go! What an experience! ANd yes, totally visualizing the Brady Bunch there too! hehe

You look so pretty too!

March 1, 2009 at 5:25 PM  
Blogger lb said...

I can't believe you can make a day trip to the Grand Canyon. That's just nuts! very cool.

March 2, 2009 at 9:09 AM  
Blogger Kaira said...

Checking for a new post and realized I never commented on this one when you posted it. Oops - I like to let you know I have read your posts - wish you blogged more :)

March 19, 2009 at 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home